Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 11-11-2014 , 08:13 PM
Today I made the "backpack" looking thing that hides the batteries that make the head light up. I don't have the battery covers, so I kinda guessed there. No doubt the have little details that aren't on mine. I'll have to find a good pic that shows em.

[IMG]user added image[/IMG]

And here it is attached to the body:

Here's what I got so far:

And here's a quick render:[IMG]user added image[/IMG]

# 17 14-11-2014 , 07:22 PM

Just did one of the guns today

# 18 15-11-2014 , 05:52 PM
Today I made the staffernacy cromulator. I also gave it a dumb name, because I didn't know what to call it.

# 19 17-11-2014 , 03:45 PM

Lazy day, so I just did this bit and copied a fin over as well. I have no idea what I'm gonna name all these pieces. This bit will probably be the "SCUBA looking de-bigulated fin support"

# 20 17-11-2014 , 06:26 PM
This piece of armour at the base of the tail has been bugging me. It's a mess.

So, I re-made it.

user added image

# 21 20-11-2014 , 04:13 PM
Another question, guys...Look at the image I used as the thumbnail for this thread. You can see there is odd-looking geometry all over the place. That's not actually there; what you are seeing is behind the surface. If I zoom in a bit, it disappears. The pieces aren't intersecting anywhere, and it renders just fine, so why are parts of the model see-through in the viewport?
Oh! Related question! Isn't there a way to render a model and have all the edges visible? I'm sure I've seen such an option somewhere.

# 22 21-11-2014 , 12:30 AM
Just did the lower jaw. At least this bit has a name.

[IMG]6user added image[/IMG]

# 23 06-10-2016 , 11:07 AM
Had some free time, so I went back to this model. I got so many on the go now, and I've yet to finish any. Why am I seeing edges on these pics, that should be hidden behind other geometry?

# 24 18-03-2017 , 04:11 PM
Ahhh...I dug out this model again and came here ...annnnd...boom! All the pics are gone. I guess I used a free image hosting site or something. Nevermind. I only have the arms and upper head left to do. Will post pics soon