Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-09-2011 , 04:50 PM
EduSciVis-er

Annoying Student Version popup on save

I downloaded Maya 2012 Student Version, which means that every time I save, I get an annoying popup reminding me that I will get an annoying popup if I open this file using a commercial version. Fine, but it happens every time I save, meaning I have to do Ctrl+s, Enter, many many times a session.

There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it, and apparently it gets exponentially more annoying if you use file referencing, since you get a popup for every file that is referenced user added image

user added imageSo besides someone telling me if there is a way to turn off the save popup, I am wondering if there is a MEL, python, or PyMEL command that will effectively execute a File > Save AND an enter keystroke. Then I could bind Ctrl+s to that little script and the problem will be minimized.user added image

Thanks for any genius insight!

# 2 11-09-2011 , 04:56 PM
EduSciVis-er
If it helps, here's part of the output from the save command and a manual enter (continue) input:

Code:
SaveScene;
checkForUnknownNodes(); FileMenu_SaveItem;
file -save;
fileCmdCallback;
about -application;
// Result: maya // 
about -product;
// Result: Maya 2012 // 
about -version;
// Result: 2012 Hotfix 4 x64 // 
about -cutIdentifier;
// Result: 001200000000-806479 // 
about -osv;
// Result: Microsoft Windows 7 Business Edition, 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
 // 
unlocalizedPanelLabel "Top View";
// Result: Top View // 

memory -he;
// Result: 314.824219 // 
memory -fr;
// Result: 3920.347656 // 
memory -pf;
// Result: 174975 // 
confirmDialog -title "Student Version File" -message "The file being saved was created by a Student Version of Maya intended for personal learning only. If you save the file, this message will always appear whenever the file is opened." -button "Continue" -button "Cancel";
// Result: Continue // 
pluginInfo -q -pluginsInUse -activeFile;

# 3 18-09-2011 , 12:00 AM
EduSciVis-er
Anyone? Surely there's a way to cause a keystroke automatically or push a button?

# 4 18-09-2011 , 01:10 AM
Technical Director
Removing this message is against the license terms that you accepted when activating.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 18-09-2011 , 01:20 AM
EduSciVis-er
You misunderstand... I don't want to remove the message, I just want to automatically hit "Ok" when it pops up upon save. The message that pops up on saving is only a reminder that a different message will pop up if you open the file using a commercial version (which is fine with me).

It just doesn't make any sense that it would say:
"The file being saved was created by a Student Version of Maya intended for personal learning only. If you save the file, this message will always appear whenever the file is opened" EVERY time you want to save. Showing it on the first save would be just fine and achieve the same purpose.

# 6 18-09-2011 , 01:43 AM
Technical Director
Yes, I found that odd as well. However, I believe you would in a gray-area with the license if you tried to bypass it, even with an automatic button pusher.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.