Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-09-2005 , 10:36 AM
Subscriber

UV Mapping problem

I am wanting to map a character I have modelled but it is all one combined geometry, how can I map the head/body/legs etc separately as it would be increasing time consuming to lay out the UVs as one single geometry.

Thanks guys.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 21-09-2005 , 05:38 PM
by all means not the right way (as I'm learning like you) but you can select a number of faces and then do a planar/cylindrical/spherical map. Move these uv's out of the way (in the uv editor) and do that for a few areas till its all spread out. Alternatively like on mr mckinleys uv map video on his site you can split the model areas up into individual parts to map and then join it all back after.

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 3 21-09-2005 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
Cheers t1ck. I was selecting faces and mapping as you said but figured there must be a much quicker way. I'll check out MtMcKinleys site tomorrow.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 4 02-10-2005 , 09:32 AM

a nube

...Hello Everybody...my first time here in this 3D forum...just read the "Asking Question, The Smart Way."great reference...I will read it again...though, and maybe you can give a li'l consideration to people who may not even know what techno or hacking is...give 'em time....a simple answer will do, even though its against the rule...they aren't morons...they need a guide...even though they aren't blind...just an opinion.

Just got this Maya 7....figuring out how we can make this run...system requirements and hardware.... i know 3D and am fascinated by it....for now...to begin....by the book, then i'll seek your help if i get tangled....

i'll be back soon....nice meeting you all....:bow:

3D, there's no turning back.