Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-11-2005 , 02:46 PM

Mine Slave

I finished this character a couple of days ago...

Comments greatly appreciated

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-11-2005 , 04:42 PM
i like it

tck
# 3 03-11-2005 , 11:47 PM
Wow I like it a lot, but if you don't mind, I would like to throw in my $.02.
For one, the knees look WAY too smoth and un bumpyish for any kind of creature... just an odd thing. And the feet could use some more detailing too...

Overall 7 of 10 for the model.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 4 07-11-2005 , 01:45 PM
user added image He is very cute!

# 5 11-11-2005 , 01:33 AM
hey i like the work you have done, nice work keep it up. But i dont like the character. Its very irritating. Hey dont listen to my comments. Critics are always like that. bye....

# 6 14-11-2005 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
hey cool image, i think the chain rings are bit too circular

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 7 15-11-2005 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
I like the concept, but I think his joints need to be emphasised. His legs look like bendy pipes. Especially the front(?) ones. Also if it hauls stuff all day then I'd expect to see some rather hugeish muscles in his legs.

# 8 25-11-2005 , 01:32 AM

awesome

I really like your character alot too as well... however justl ike matt the man said.. the knees.. however, if we saw it in motion and it moved organicly then maybe that wouldnt be a problem. May i suggest adding a few different things to his skin? Forexample, bulging veins and skin imperfections. Maybe a lil more bruising because he moves a cart around all day? In my opinion, like matttheman said, maybe add a lil deformation to show he has bones near or at the joints. It would shape him up nicely. Maybe pull his toe nails out a little bit so its feet isnt so round. Saime for the eyes, a lil deformation.

Its a rally cool character man and I would totally keept it up. I like it a lot. I think if you keep going with it you will have something here user added image :attn:

You shoulda just goudged his friggin eyeballs out. That woulda been funny!