Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-01-2003 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

Is this book good ?

Hi all,

Does anyone own "Inspired 3d Modeling & Texture Mapping" by Tom Capizzi ?

Is it worth it ?

Thanks for your advises.

Today man, tomorrow bird...i already have the plumage
# 2 17-01-2003 , 10:35 PM
Kevin
never read it mate... ill hunt for a review

# 3 17-01-2003 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
I have the Inspired Character animation and Inspired Character Setup books.

They're pretty good. Lot's of info on industry insights. They have various interviews with 3d pros in the biz, but it's not like a Maya fundementals, or Maya savvy kind of books. They do use Maya as a reference app, and some of the stuff on there is Maya only terminology like mel etc...So if they teach you something, they'll show you by using Maya, but try to apply it in general 3D. The books are nice and big(widescreen style) full color and easy to read. So I'm guessing that the modeling and texturing my be the same. I dont know if this helped, if it didn't, I apologize user added image

God Bless,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 4 17-01-2003 , 10:55 PM
Kevin
thx george! you saved me a trip user added image

# 5 17-01-2003 , 11:00 PM
It looks like a good book, and I've been impressed with the others in the series. I'm usually not much for industry interviews, but since when I've been involved in recruiting I've been startled by how little entry-level people know about how this kind of work is done in larger facilities, so I should be more generous. user added image

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 6 18-01-2003 , 01:30 AM
The modeling and texturing book is ok. Good overview of different techniques, but, upon a cursory skim through the book, I don't think it's as good as the animation and setup books. The interviews are good though.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job