Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-03-2012 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber

How did they do this???

I've been trying to simulate this type of explosion and I'm at a complete loss. Does anyone know how this
FX artist pulled this off? Thanks for the help.

Explosion in MAYA - YouTube

-Korvic

# 2 25-03-2012 , 04:20 PM
The thin red line
Looks like a load of active rigid bodies with a radial field put on them with partical emiters for each body..............dave

# 3 25-03-2012 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber

Looks like a load of active rigid bodies with a radial field put on them with partical emiters for each body..............dave

Ill give it a shot and see what I can come up with thanks!

# 4 19-05-2012 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber
There are a few ways to pull this off...
you can use particle instancing and then have fluid emit from particles...
at least that's how i would do it

You can also use rigid bodies if you'd like and have particles emit from that and shade them with fluids...there are a couple of techniques you can do to get that result

# 5 19-05-2012 , 05:13 AM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 19-05-2012 , 06:26 AM
Technical Director
Use rigid bodies to simulate the pieces, then use each object as a particle emitter.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 19-05-2012 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber

# 8 19-05-2012 , 06:27 PM
Subscriber

Use rigid bodies to simulate the pieces, then use each object as a particle emitter.

I've actually done that, I'll have to post what I was able to come up with. Didn't look as good as others i've seen.user added image

# 9 19-05-2012 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

There are a few ways to pull this off...
you can use particle instancing and then have fluid emit from particles...
at least that's how i would do it

You can also use rigid bodies if you'd like and have particles emit from that and shade them with fluids...there are a couple of techniques you can do to get that result

Thanks! I'll have to try it a coupld of different ways. It's just I'd rather do it the eastiest way possible. because it's for a student film and we are trying to render this bad boy out at a 300 resolution and as you probably know that just kills most computers!user added image