Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-10-2005 , 07:24 AM

Two problems, batch render and curves

Hello,

I'm starting to learn Maya(6.5), but I'm having two problems. I've tried to find answers with google and in other forums, but couldn't find them.
The first one is that when I click batch render(that's what I want to do to render an animation right?), it says "cannot find an available port". I've played around with different settings but couldn't find anything useful.

The second one are the curves in the graph editor. When I pull a tangeant up or down, the curve doesn't stay smooth, but another curve comes in, while there isn't an extra key for it. I'll post a pic:
user added image

Changing the type to linear or spline or anything doesn't work, nor does breaking the tangeants or putting them back.

Answers will be greatly appreciated.

# 2 20-10-2005 , 12:59 PM
bump. Still have no clue.