Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-03-2006 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber

My latest animation, still learning

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted some animation. Here is my latest, a sack running scared from a super detailed high resolution spider :-p . Let me know what you think, I'm trying to learn everything I can about character animation so all constructive criticism is welcome!

Here's the animation in Windows Media format:
https://simontaylorfilms.com/mayaventure/scaredysack.wmv

And this is quicktime 7 format:
https://simontaylorfilms.com/mayaventure/scaredysack.mov

All the best

Simon

P.S.

I didn't make the sack model. It's from the Exploring 3D Animation with Maya 6 book, at the moment I'm trying to just concentrate on animation, then i'll move onto modelling.

Last edited by sjtaylor84; 29-03-2006 at 03:40 PM.
# 2 28-03-2006 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
nicely animated, but I think the running in the air bit isn't quite right. I think the character would have to fall down while running in the air. Yours stays still on one spot and than it falls too quick. I hope you know what I mean describing moving image will always be a bit awkward.
Also when he turns around something wiered happens to his "underbelly" for one or two frames it seems like it collapses or folds to much I can't make it out but it seems like he lifts one of his legs too high.
I like the walk at the beginning, It has some nice personality. The jumping back and "shivering" in the air looks very good to me.
I'd like to see a bit more of him running at the end.

good stuffuser added image

# 3 29-03-2006 , 09:56 PM
It looks like you need to work on your timing a little bit. I think always doing ease ins and ease outs really help in your graph editor.

Play around with the graph editor a bit to get a more smooth realistic animation.

# 4 11-04-2006 , 05:24 AM
the sack looks like its going to fall backwards. the walk needs to be more upright. and if i can get into a little story, maybe the sack should creep up on the creature. that way the surprise might be a little bit more convincing. or having the creature do something more to startle the sack. adding some weight or bounce to the walk and run will help out. just a few thoughts....

# 5 14-04-2006 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
its pretty good but the one thing that i noticed is the spiders eye goes into his leg.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 6 14-04-2006 , 09:22 PM
cool, but the sack stays in the air a bit too much

Live the life you love, love the life you live