Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 101 12-04-2003 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Thats a great idea (looks Awesome pony!)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 102 12-04-2003 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber
Yep, i kinda agree nem.. but then on the other hand, dont you think everyone should have to learn their own way? Getting EVERYTHING handed to you is not always the best... i try to look at it that way sometimes, it makes you have a bigger passion for what you do if you got there from practice and hundreds of hours of hard work user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 103 12-04-2003 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber
ok Nem, and especaly vecterman. (who was nice enufe and got me cool rapter pic's)

I'll see what I can come up with for a little turit..

think I have justs the pic...

# 104 12-04-2003 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
whoa pony man, i was talkin about just you, dont think i was asking specifically user added image I was just saying in general its a good idea to show people how the pros go about modelling sumthing cool

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 105 12-04-2003 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
M.. !! LOL thanks.. umm yeah about the spikes.. will get to it. I was thinking thought about not really sharp on them. well see though.
yep it was pollys, and just some tweeks.
first, I used split poly to make sure the edges formed the outline of the ribs. of corse with some crose points to make sure they hold there shap. I just selected the faces inbetween the ribs. extruded, and sized the faces down together, only in 2 directions. If there had bean the up and down direction also it would have twisted every thing. thin I moved them a little..
Did this one more time, extruded the faces and sized it down.. so that it sinks in to him more.. and this time on the last one.. I grabed all the top verts and moved them up a little.. and thin all the botem one and moved them down.. and that makes the rib round better and tucks the inside skin underthem.

not long at all.. that part only toke me about 25 minets or less.

# 106 12-04-2003 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
Nem. LOL hay I'm not a pro, this is my second model. I just learn fast.

# 107 12-04-2003 , 08:35 PM
I strongly believe you do.
user added image

# 108 12-04-2003 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber

thinking about it.

# 109 12-04-2003 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
Hey pony, are you trying to say you did the model for the futuristic challenge, and that was your first.. and now this is your second?!? If so then , DAMN.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 110 12-04-2003 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by M
DAMN.

i second that user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com