Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 71 10-04-2003 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
yeah, thankyou. it is a lot like the refrence sketch. I noticed a cuple of problems with the ref sketchs though.. some things not matching up.. sticking more to the side view one though since its still the better of the 2..

# 72 10-04-2003 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber
wow all the designing starting to work nice user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 73 10-04-2003 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
Nice skull! Too bad you didnt get time to start from the beginning. Well, if you keep it up at this rate and dont take a week off or so like some do, you should make it user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 74 10-04-2003 , 04:06 PM
Looks very good! The area around the eyes seems a little flat to me. Looking at your sketch, it seems to have a little more pronounced brow and a small ridge to the side of the sockets. Nitpicky, yes, but its looking so good overall, I have to pick on small details. user added image

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 75 10-04-2003 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
Momb, M thanks !! (grin)

Snich, no not nitpicky at all. Thats what I'm looking for. I'll see what I can do..

# 76 10-04-2003 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
looking really good...

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 77 10-04-2003 , 08:41 PM
Subscriber
My brain works like a computer search:

Cross reference: Evil, mythical, claw and i got raptor with 7493987254 hits

then my fingers searched google for 20 minutes = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 78 11-04-2003 , 12:12 AM
Hey sorry I didn't answere your question from before but hopefully I did in email... I've been busy and taking a much needed break from stuff but hey ya'll I should be back soon I hope as soon as I get some much needed inspiration! user added image

The model is taking nice shape Pony and if anything and you may be thinking this already, just add some details like rinkles in the skin and some fine cracks in the bone parts! But like you siad you may be thinking this already or planning textures for this! Well I may not be doing much but I'm watching this competition!!! L8 M8

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 79 11-04-2003 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
Seeing the skull in 3d really makes me understand why there was so much criticism about the thickness of the horns from the two different views. Your ref was dead on man the skull looks GREAT.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 80 11-04-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

wire frame.

For all that are wandering just how close it is to the original sketch. I was wandering also. pluse its about time for a wire fraim anyway..

The red is ware its a little off. but around the horns I still have yet to tweek there.. so it could be closer soon.

the green buy the front teath was I desided the teath there needed to be longer and didn't bother to change the sketch. the green on the jaw is becouse I just haven't finished there yet. have to make the width..