Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-05-2003 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber

just few questions from a nOOb

Hy all!
I hope you don't mind if I ask you few questions here. If I will have any Q in future, I will write it in this thread. And sorry if it was answered many times before.

ok, first thing: How do you make reflections? For example, you have a sword, aand you want it's blade to reflect the area around it?

And tnx!

# 2 24-05-2003 , 07:38 PM
Well, in the docs, you could find out the typical workflow for adding an environment reflection map under: RENDERING.

Also, each shder type has different, if at all, types of reflection capabilities.

For a quick, accurate, and easy reflection, check out: www.pixho.com for his AWSOME script called GIJoe.

You could also read the docs with mental Ray toouser added image

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct "how-to" type of answer, but refections are one of the many things that have HUNDREDS of ways to achive a good lookuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com