Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 22-07-2003 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
There’s an old saying that confuses me, so maybe you could help me out. It goes” A bird in the hand is better then two in the bush”, what do they mean by bird in the hand? And who’s bush are we talking aboutuser added image

# 62 22-07-2003 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
LOL nice one. Adl where are you...?? Lot of advice needed :-)

grrrr
# 63 22-07-2003 , 07:05 PM
maybe he has his own problems....

or kev is doing weird...maybe pervert...stuff with him

user added image

# 64 22-07-2003 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
Or maybe he has a life and dosn't have a lot of time for Ususer added image hehehe

# 65 22-07-2003 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
Maybe you are right Eagle.

Maybe the are doing a tutorial about modeling each others private parts :-)
Nah! can't be because it would be the shortest tutorial ever :-)

kick kick bang bang!! :-)
Smiles everywhere :-)

I think Kev is probably doing his car tutorial.
Adl. has gone for meditation to Amazon. I feel he will come back even more wiser. Until then we shall have to wait for his enlightened advice.

grrrr
# 66 22-07-2003 , 09:29 PM
"judgement molars" LOL.

uuhhh.. what do you call to those molars in the backwards part of the jaw thar grow when you re on your twenties?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
VINCENT
Do you know what the best thing about Europe is?
JULES
What?
VINCENT
It's the little differences. A lotta the same shit we got here,
they got there, but there they're a little different.
JULES
They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
VINCENT
No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is.
JULES
What'd they call it?
VINCENT
Royale with Cheese.
JULES
(repeating) Royale with Cheese. What'd they call a Big Mac?
VINCENT
Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

Pulp Fiction, great movie...

# 67 22-07-2003 , 09:35 PM
Wisdom teeth user added image user added image user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 68 25-07-2003 , 02:30 AM

Originally posted by EagleKing
ok adl. the first serious post of me in this thread.
I haven't seen my cousin for five years because she lives in poland. She stayed the last two weeks at my house because another cousin married. She had to drive home some hours ago....

I cried like a little baby...I couldn't stop and I am still crying.

The next time i will see her will be ... maybe... April next year.

I am really depressed now...I don't know what to do. I sit here and I am crying. I am listening to Trance songs on highests volume...my ears could explode but i don't care...music does not help at all...still crying.

Later I will meet a friend and we will go a bit clubbing...but I think this won't help...I hope I will be soon able to smile again.

help me adl....mate... user added image

maybe come on icq..

For by the time you read this reply .. you will have forgotten about it.

Adl understands your situation, -for many of us have walked the same path-, yet he can´t help but think that you should take, o the boss one´s advise.

# 69 25-07-2003 , 02:31 AM

Originally posted by slickrenderer
Adl oh! wise one. The one with the million year old brain. I come to thee as an humble servant ...on my knees for advise. Do not turn me away thee wise one. For I shall not sleep, eat or drink until you bless me with your advise. Here goes (In advance sorry about the NOVEL :-)
I have a small problem at work oh wise one. Ok my boss is not the best. Even though he is very good to me. Anyway me and the other designer who sits near me used to talk bad about him. You know how it goes.
Anyway this fellow designer asked for a payrise and the boss told him that if he can get what he is demanding somewhere else then he is free to leave. I asked for a payrise and the boss gave it to me and said that he does not ever want to loose me etc etc. Now this guy does not know what rise I got but he knows that I got it. Anyway he was very jealous. This guy has got no style. He copies everything. Never buys anysoftware ever. I do all the design side and he does the technical side mainly. Any way he always tries to copy my design style. Maybe I should be flattered but my personality does not give me this luxury. I don’t like like to copy other people and don’t like other people copying me. Offcourse being influenced by each other styles is another thing. He always bugs me and asks me how I made my graphic stuff/effects etc- Oh! Master I sleep only 5hours everyday as I spend all my free time experimenting and trying to be different and creating my style. I cannot give him my technique. So I told him that look create your own style and be original. Anyway he walked away and then I heard a huge BANG!! The guy actually went and punched his table very loudly. I did not really understand what happened. I though maybe he fell or something. So I asked him what happened. He did not say anything for 1minute and then he shouted Argh!!! You never tell me etc etc. I shouted back and told him to deal with it. He said I don’t want to copy you etc. So I said what is the problem then if you don’t want to copy? Anyway we don’t talk anymore only professionaly. My boss or no one else at work knows anything about this. Coincidentally partitions are being put so I will have a partition blocking me from him. Actually I like the way the situation is now as I don’t have to pretend to be nice to him.
Although it is very awkward when the boss praises me in front of him. I see hate and jealousy in his eyes. I don’t like this feeling. I am stuck with him. I feel like talking with my boss but we have too much dirt on each other. So I can’t really speak to my boss.

For this is a trully f*cked up one .. spoke a rather stumbled adl.

Maybe he indeed does not want to copy you, but rather learn. I believe though this is a very delicate matter as he actually feels jealous about a raise he does not know about (Thus he must be thinking you´ve got FAR more than you actually got.). Why don´t you ask the guy to go drink a cup of coffee with you? Better to speak about it, than to hold a silent grudge which at some moment in the future WILL erupt -with catastrophic consequences for both-.

When talking about it, remind him that this is a workplace and as such personal efforts get rewarded (DO NOT shove him in the face how good you are), then praise him for some piece of work he did for I feel he actually needs to get aknowledged by someone -even if it has to be you-. Try to reach a peace state with him as surely YOU WILL benefit at some point of the future from him. That same Cause & Effect Law master adl talked about in a previous reply is at the very work here ... make it work for you. Think about how you can help the guy and solve the conflict instead of having to come to a non-easy work atmosphere day by day.

On a related note, it should be noted that workplaces often have such conflicts and that one should strive to work on them, even though at times you feel you shouldn´t.

Talking with the boss, is something rather out of the question as you will most likely lose the trust he has on you, and I´m sure you don´t want no talk-show parody on your workplace. Talking bad about the bosses is something quite common -yet again- in workplaces, and almost always when the boss does find out ... the destructive effects can be noted on both the culprit ... and the one who told the boss. So be sure to reach an understanding between your fellow workmate and bury the topic.

PD: If he actually keeps it going on ... DESTROY him workwise, always present stuff on time, get to work on time, and keep the boss pleased. At some point if it erupts you´ll have some cushion at least ... and the favor of a boss who likes you more than the other guy. Just don´t kiss him. He´s still your boss.

# 70 25-07-2003 , 05:26 AM
Subscriber
master ADL has still not PMed Vec about a battle.......

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 71 25-07-2003 , 06:42 AM

Originally posted by adldesigner
For by the time you read this reply .. you will have forgotten about it.

so true... user added image

# 72 25-07-2003 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
Sense my first post went unanswered I’ll ask another maybe Easer question. Why is it when people blow their nose’s they look into the rag when they know it’s not empty any more?user added image

For thou shall wait patiently .. the dentist guy is first.

Last edited by adldesigner; 25-07-2003 at 07:16 AM.
# 73 25-07-2003 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
Hehe,,user added image

# 74 25-07-2003 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
You a funny guy R-Tiller:-) but don't disturb the master with petty questions. Master is juggling all the problems of the world in his head.

Master has blessed me with an answer. I shall ponder over it & analyize it for the master has written a NOVEL and it takes a mortal like me time to digest such huge words of wisdom.

grrrr
# 75 25-07-2003 , 09:40 AM

Re: dentista

Originally posted by dragonfx
Hi, oh powerful Adl. I would prefer to talk you in spanish ,but in deference to other readers ill do it in english so they can absorb your enlightened reply :-) (this thread is Really fun btw).

Heres the question:
My dentist has billed me almost 1000€ for removing caries on my theeth... leaving my left upper gum black for two days in the process. Now he even wants to bill me more and extract my "judgement molars" (literal transaltion, dunno if thats the word in english...)

Should i reciprocate and show him the true meaning of the word pain?

Will that take me to the dark side, oh great master?. Or is it fair anger and indignation?

For dentists are among the most hated b*stards in the world .. spoke adl.

Yet, wisdom teeth are a potential problem almost always for they can either push some teeth around, destroy the bone by cysting if impacting, or even kill of some of the jaw´s nerves with theirs.
They are also hellislly difficult to clean properly ... and will develop periodontal disease if not held at bay.

Master adl believes evolution might have played us a game when devicing those motherf*cks.

If your neighborhood-caries-filling-b*stard wants to extract those, better do so .. for at the end, you will benefit too. Just be prepared for the massive onslaught of incredibly destructive will-shattering pain you will potentially endure during the procedure.
(Not comparable to root canal though)

On a related note .. believe me, you don´t want that guy to show you HIS true meaning of the word pain. Dentists are a rare breed of ancestral biological torture machines .. and are best left alone.