Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-08-2004 , 02:12 PM

version compatibility

I recently tried to open some files on a cd about maya 6 in maya 5 and got a file read error, the same thing happened for every file I tried, even though I'd copied them onto my hard drive.. is there a compatability problem between the different versions of maya??? I presume Maya6 reads lower level files but does Maya 5 not read higher level files??

also I'd like to know if it's possible to have more than one version of Maya installed on a single computer?

any advice will be, as always greatly appreciated.. now I'm off to the dentist!!!! aaargh

# 2 04-08-2004 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
i think it's possible to have 2 versions of maya running (not sure)
but there is a script on www.highend3d.com that lets you open any file version with any maya version.

# 3 05-08-2004 , 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot vladimirjp.. you don't happen to know what the script is called? I went onto their site but couldn't see it...