Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-08-2003 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

Need some texture help!

Hey guys.

I am working on a project right now and I'm trying desperately to get a texture for my wooden hut, something that looks like the photo that I attached.

I have tried many textures that I found on the defno website but nothing comes even close to that.
I apologize if the photo is a bit dark, but please try and see what I mean and let me know if you can help me get or create a texture that looks like that.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-08-2003 , 08:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
I assume you mean the wood? Your best bet is to use a photo, like this one, as a texture source.

# 3 31-08-2003 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
Yes, sorry, I mean the wood user added image
Problem is, that I don't have a big enough photo to work with...
No other suggestion?

Thanks again!

# 4 31-08-2003 , 09:20 PM
The Maya Mountain
just do a search on google's image search option. Lots of good texture sources out there.

# 5 01-09-2003 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike, I ran a search and found some interesting things, going to try them later on.
Do you think that the photo that I attached (a capture from the movie "Shrek") was built with photo textures?
O am just wondering whether it's possible to create effects like that with procedural textures..

Cheers!

# 6 01-09-2003 , 12:56 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm 99% sure that they used photos with some photoshop touchups.