Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-07-2004 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber

Going to Bournemouth?

I just read through the Getting into the industry thread, and it made me check out Bournemouth, and I found this page with fees. Since I live in Denmark, I suppose I'd be under the EU (Home) category? And are the £1150 for the entire education?

The reason I wanna know is because here in Denmark, as far as I know, the only place to get an education in cg is TrueMAX in Copenhagen, and a 3½ year BA there costs just below 200K DKK which would roughly be around £20K, which is alot (especially when we pay 40% in taxes)! I also think it would be really cool to go abroad to study, and Bournemouth sounds like a really cool place by what I've heard from you guys who have attended it user added image

Hope anyone can clarify these things for my peace of mind user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 2 26-07-2004 , 03:00 PM
yes, it will be £1150 per year as you will be counted as an EU student. Bear in mind you will have living costs as well.

Bournemouth is a great place to study and to live. I was there last year on the MSc and had a great time. they really help you get into the industry big time!

But they get around 6000 applicants a year so you'd better be a> good and b> early user added image

Alan user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 26-07-2004 , 03:25 PM
Subscriber
Yeah but £1150/year is still a lot cheaper than ~20K total (which doesn't include living costs either), unless the education at BU is longer of cource user added image

I just finished high school and 10 months of military service, so I figure I'd spend the next year or so doing some HML (Hard Manual Labor user added image ) for some ca$h while praticing Maya and stuff...

EDIT: BTW, do you know how many students they accept?

Last edited by blomkaal; 26-07-2004 at 04:00 PM.
# 4 26-07-2004 , 04:33 PM
about 40 I think maybe less. Competition is pretty fierce for the BA course. but dont worry if you dont get in do another course and then do the masters it's much easier to get on those as they accept about 80 students user added image and have less applicants.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 26-07-2004 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Whoa only 40 out of 6000 applicants??? Yeah I can imagine it's pretty fierce! Guess I'd better have a look around and see what else they've got user added image