Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-10-2006 , 10:45 PM

Selecting faces enclosed by edges

Is there any way to select the faces by selecting the edges that surround the faces?

E.g. How should I go about selecting the faces by using the edges. (See figure below).

Attached Images
# 2 01-11-2006 , 01:43 AM

im sorry

im sorry but that doesent make much sense.why wouldent you just select the faces.if you select the edges then thats what your doing selecting edges.is there a reason you cant select the faces you want.just trying to get a better understanding so i can help.every face is enlosed with edges.you can delete the edges to make a biger face.

SWEET!
# 3 01-11-2006 , 04:29 AM
If it's just a small number of faces, selecting them directly as faces would be fast.

But if I want to select a huge number of faces, enclosed by their edges, I think selecting the edges and then converting the selection to faces would be faster. (This is because edge selection has tools like 1. Select Edge Loop Tool, 2. Select Edge Ring Tool and 3. Select Border Edge Tool.)

# 4 01-11-2006 , 04:30 AM
Maybe Paint Selection Tool might be faster...

# 5 01-11-2006 , 07:32 AM
Found a solution:

1. Select the edges first.
2. Then go to menu: Edit Polygons -> Selection -> Convert Selection to Vertices
3. Then go to menu: Edit Polygons -> Selection -> Convert Selection to Contained Faces