Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-04-2011 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber

How can I fix these Tris?

Hey everyone... new to modeling here! Doing a tutorial on a game character where Tris would be no problem, however I plan to use ZBrush for most of my work so I want to learn how to keep things clean and fix issues like this.

Is there a way to get quads in here without running a split all the way through the arm for each tri to quad it all out? Also is there any place that has plenty of issues like this where you could go and see how other people fixed Tri problems so you can get ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-04-2011 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber
I think I got it! I just cut every other quad between the tris so each tri gets four sides. Any other better way?

# 3 15-04-2011 , 09:39 AM
Lifetime Member
You could try this mate

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 19-04-2011 , 06:16 AM
or you could add an edge in the middle of all the tris but this would create kites. Bullets solution would produce cleaner over all geometry.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675