Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 46 28-05-2005 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
when you delete an edge, DO NOT use the delete key. Instead used the delete edge option under the edit polygons menu. I do this so often I put it on my custom shelf. Doing this way deletes any unneeded vertice along with the edge.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 47 28-05-2005 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
Oh, thanks for the help. Never knew that you could do all that. Sorry about no pix. But I cant tell you what I have done so far. Basically I have lowered the poly count by like 200 (I think it was 200, maybe 150) and decided not to create a body inside the breastplate, just to lower poly count and am about to begin on arms.

EDIT: Ok everyone, just editing this post to save space and keep this a pretty low post thread. But anywasys, I promise I will have an update by tonight. But I have a texturing question for right now, Should I put everything in one UV map, or UV everything induvidually. I have been thinking about this and have thought that maybe it makes no difference, since you can edit it all in photoshop, but does it just help with the workflow and efficiency. Sorry if I dont make any sense, cant really explain everything in life with text.

Last edited by alienscience; 29-05-2005 at 04:39 PM.
# 48 29-05-2005 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
OK everyone, here is another (lowly) anticipated update. I have messed around with the delete edge tool, and converted my nurbs to polys with low counts, so any helpful hands (on the back of the head) would be nice right about now. The poly count you see is for the whole model, not just half. Also, should I rig or texture first?

# 49 29-05-2005 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber
Crapp, forgot the pic. Man I sure have wasted alot of space talking on this thread. Sorry :headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 50 03-06-2005 , 01:53 AM
Subscriber
No one wants to comment? Hmmph, oh well. I guess Ill just have to look at the fun part of the camp. LOL, my best friend is going with me, LOL, well probably ended up getting arrested...................naked. user added image LOL, just playing, but hey, looking forword to this, actually I cant wait. Ahhh, dont you love imature stupidity....... Wait a second, why am im rambling on, its late here,and I have to go to school 2morrow. Oh well, c'ya everyone.