Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-06-2005 , 05:31 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!

Re-doing my lego project

Well, my last thread was closed because my idea wasn't that cool. So, I've decided to create a lego chess!! I'm goin' to post something later...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 2 08-06-2005 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
good idea.. a good way for the chess board is just to ust the default checker texture on the lego modeled flat piece

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 3 09-06-2005 , 07:54 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Well, thx for the comment. I've done an old chess scene about some weeks ( but only for some tutorials about animation and texturing), so I decided to show an image of the old chess. Not to forget about LEGO, though.

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Last edited by Total Rookie; 09-06-2005 at 07:59 PM.
# 4 09-06-2005 , 07:57 PM
Her's a close up of the white pieces:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 5 09-06-2005 , 07:58 PM
Black pieces close-up:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 6 09-06-2005 , 08:06 PM
Yesssss !!!

It's really cool , someone who love legos like me user added image

Here is a picture I have made last year on 3ds Max ... now I am on Maya .... perhaps I will create some lego's mesh in the next months user added image

user added image

When will you start your Lego Chess ..... :attn:

# 7 09-06-2005 , 08:10 PM
Well, here's the image of my character:

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 8 09-06-2005 , 08:12 PM
Here's another:

Note:Your house is really cool, man, good work.
Back to my chars, I'll create some equips for them.

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 9 09-06-2005 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
chess is teh boringness
youve already made one chess board and chess pieces and you already want to do another one? aren't you sick of chess yet?

ive never made a chess piece before but it looks boring.

First year 3D Grad
# 10 09-06-2005 , 08:47 PM
All of these are Simply Amayazing! Great work Draven and Total!

chess is teh boringness

*Gasp* Are you kidding? Chess is one of my favourite thinking games. It never gets old. user added image The good thing about making chess in 3d is that you can let your imagination go wild.(Obviously, since it's 3d) But what i mean is that traditionally, chess pieces are little knobby pieces on a board that don't really have any character. In 3d, you can do anything you want. You can make fantasy chess pieces, Car, Food (Yes! I've seen it! A slice of pizza was the pawn!) etc.. Chess is great!

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 11 09-06-2005 , 08:47 PM
Well, chess isn't boring if you add a lot of action to it.
Talking about the chess board, i've only got it from a file that I've found on a website. For tutorials.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 12 09-06-2005 , 08:49 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done :attn:

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 13 10-06-2005 , 02:24 AM
Total : For your lego character try to remove the smooth from every pieces exept head ... Legos have hards edges ... user added image

For the character's head , do not modelise the eyes and the moith , try to use some bitmap it's easyer user added image

Look a real lego character for the sizes of the differents parts like the arms

# 14 10-06-2005 , 10:15 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Turbo Dan
chess is teh boringness

Just add heavy drinking, and chess it the bomb! :

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 15 18-06-2005 , 11:06 PM
Well, long time no see, because I was busy with the Challenge Forum. I made the pawn, fully rigged, today, it still needs texturing.

Attached Thumbnails

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list