Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-03-2003 , 07:15 PM

new layer error?

Hey Folks,

I keep getting a error everytime I try to create a new display layer, and I'm not sure why. The error is...

"Error: Not allowed to set attribute 'currentDisplayLayer' to that value. No display layer has number '21'."

Each time I try the number in this case 21 goes up by one 22, 23 etc.

This is the first time I've had any problems creating a new display layer. Can someone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!
-chad

user added image

# 2 26-03-2003 , 07:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, don't think I've run into that before... anyone else?

# 3 26-03-2003 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
I havn't heard this either but can you tell us if you are selecting someting in your scene, THEN try to create a layer or just try to creat a layer then add something to it...

-Emo

# 4 27-03-2003 , 07:29 AM
hmm.. not here, but then again, I have never had 21 layers and it could be related to a shitload of layers !

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 27-03-2003 , 04:28 PM
Actually caligraphics there are only 3 layers in that file, I was trying to create a 4th.

Emo yes I had tried selecting objects even added new ones just for this purpose, but always recieved the same error.

I'm thinking that perhaps the CPS tools may have something to do with it? But I'm not sure what.

Since I first posted this the has been modified on an Mac (I'm using a PC) all the layers have been deleted and the file renamed. It's now back on my system and I just tried to create a layer for the hell of it and got the same message except now the display number is at 1 rather than 21.

Oh and all geometry created with CPS have been deleted.

Thanks for the suggestions!