Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-11-2007 , 08:15 AM

rigging and animation

Hi everyone
I am writing again to get some help maybe the problem was not well explained. I have rigged the character 3 times and use all controls preparing for animation. I have a big problem to set up it. At the end it is not possible move the root freely. It looks like something hold it somewhere. The bones don't follow controls. I am attaching a screen to show how it is. I don't know what i did wrong but it happens 3 times at the same way. I have no idea how to fix it. Could you help me?
Thanks
Elenir

Attached Images
# 2 20-11-2007 , 07:54 PM
this is called stickyness and has to do with IK setup. when you create an ik handle you can check stickyness, which means basically that the ik handles stick to their point in space unless you move them around. you can create ik handles without stickiness checked but after the first keyframe is set they become sticky again. in case you want them handles to follow the rootnode simply group the whole hierarchy and use this null group as your new rootNode.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.