Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-01-2003 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber

Nonmanifold Problem

I'm trying to convert a model from Poly to SubD. When I do I get a nonmanifold geometry error. If I do the cleanup and then convert, the faces are not attached. If I attach vertices before converting I get the nonmanifold error again.

Can anyone help?

Let me know more info or some ref images.

Thanks,
M:banana:

# 2 09-01-2003 , 05:01 PM
Attach the vertices, than go to clean up option box and only click on nonmanifold geometry than hit apply. After that some faces might light up just hit enter, than try and covert to sub-d.

If that dont work it soulnds like you have duplicated faces that are giving you the trouble.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 09-01-2003 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber
I'm getting closer. Check out the attached image. Please let me know if you can help with rounded edges.

Thanks,
M:banana:

# 4 09-01-2003 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
Uh Duh, nevermind.

I just noticed that the vertices are not attached where that stuff is happening.