Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-02-2009 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber

Accessing a nodes shapeNode via MEL

Let's say that I have a ton of geometry in a scene, hypothetically speaking, and I want to turn off the primaryVisibility of all of the said geometry, but I don't want to have to select each object one by one and then tick the primaryVisibility option in the objects' renderStats. I thought that I could write a "for-in" loop that would work but I don't know how to access a given object's primaryVisiblity attribute. Is there a way to do this? Or am I going about this the wrong way altogether? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the code:

Code:
string $spheres[] = `ls -sl`; 
string $currentSphere; 
for ($currentSphere in $spheres)
{

} 
print "The primary visibility has been turned off for all of the selected geometry.";

# 2 13-02-2009 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
This should work for you...

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;

for($i=0;$i<size($sel);$i++){
setAttr ($sel[$i] + ".primaryVisibility") 0;
}

Just select all your objects and run the code.

Chris

# 3 13-02-2009 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by bendingiscool
This should work for you...

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;

for($i=0;$i<size($sel);$i++){
setAttr ($sel[$i] + ".primaryVisibility") 0;
}

Just select all your objects and run the code.

Chris

Oh! Okay so that's how you access that attribute. Needless to say, I'm teaching myself MEL and am still getting the hang of it so...I appreciate ur help. I'll test it when I get home. Thanks again.