Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-10-2009 , 04:28 AM

What will you save if your house gonna on fire?

Hi to all,

My mom often said that if she could only save one thing, it would be our family photos — though that's not as relevant today in the age of digital photography. Has your home ever caught fire? If so, you probably went the safe route and saved yourself before your stuff. But if your house were burning and you could only save one thing, what would it be?

dvd
# 2 28-10-2009 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
Our 2 terabite backupdrive fo all our photos, backed up movies, family movies, backed up music and all my maya work .:p

P.S We also got all of this in a fire proof nearly indistructable safe so it'll be fine user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 3 28-10-2009 , 09:59 AM
Subscriber
nerr all my photos are on facebook. HEHE

I think it would have to be my my base unit of the PC. Too much work on it.

I had a fire in my last year of my uni course (Dec 2005) losing 4 Pcs and my final project - that was not fun and I was not even there - I was home for Christmas. Found out 3 days later.

Everything else can be replace, my bunnies live outside, I`ld miss my 42 TV and my xbox360, but again replaceable.

# 4 28-10-2009 , 10:08 AM
I'll save my dog while i'm running for my laptop and for the cash in our safe box. While this my mom and dad will save the rest... so no problem :p

# 5 28-10-2009 , 10:12 AM
The Nurb Herd
my place is so small it would be completely engulfed in flames before i could think about saving anything. user added image

# 6 28-10-2009 , 05:10 PM
If I had time to grab Anyone thing...it would be my cpu.

But, if I only had time to grab something on the way out...I would not hesitate to grab one of my son's toys so he'd have somthing to play with.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 7 28-10-2009 , 07:28 PM
I'd grab my flute and a good book or two. I could manage that.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 8 28-10-2009 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
the alienware, and my PS3 w/ games. if i had to get more ... all my military stuff for filming, my video camera, picture camera, all personal items (watch, wallet, keys) and the christams tree, because what is christmas w/o a tree.

# 9 28-10-2009 , 08:38 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
my case of ramen noodles!

without a doubt

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 10 28-10-2009 , 08:54 PM
EduSciVis-er
What the...! The apartment's on fire!!! Crap, get out, get out! No no... got time to grab one thing... hmmm, hmmm, there's a lot of smoke in here! My computer! My precious computer... quick, Errrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh, #$(*#& it's heavy, just pull the thing out from the wall.... if I don't shut down properly, will I lose stuff? Heck, I just gotta get outta here, it'll be fine... gahhhhhh my back, this thing weighs a ton... why'd I get that massively huge heatsink... it's just a block of metal! Ok, go go... #$(*&#(*#&$ it's still attached to all the wires! Gah, mouse out, network out, first monitor screw one, first monitor screw two! @#(* it's getting hot in here... ahh... I'll just rip everything out... shoot I think I damaged my gfx card... ok, go go... get to the door, ouch! The doorknob's hot, the fire must be in the hallway, ok, go back the other way... got to get to the balcony... my hands are sweaty, my grip's slipping.... @#(*!!!!!!!!!! my toe!!!! Alright, pick it up, use the DVD tray as a grip, ok, here we go again, oh no, I think some of the RAM's loose.... ah well, out onto the balcony... few more steps... my pant leg's on fire!!! Put it out put it out!!! I wish I had a water-cooled system!!! Well nevermind, I'd rather save my computer than my pants... ok, we're on the fourth floor, now what... toss the computer first and go after it................................................ CRUNCH.... at least there's a tree handy I can climb down, that was nice........ oh hello, I'm safe! And I rescued my computer too! I wonder if any of the data is recoverable?? I'll ask the fire department if they can dig it out of the crater! Next fire, I'll see if I can save two things!

No seriously though, I'd probably take my wife.

# 11 28-10-2009 , 09:21 PM
That was absolutely entertaining stwert user added image...awesome!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 12 28-10-2009 , 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
Lol stwert, you'd "probably" save your wife. You're bad. :p

- Genny
# 13 28-10-2009 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
I'd wake my girlfriend up, kick in her daughters door, get her out, grab the dog, and my jacket with my USB thumb drive with important files in it and then run out the door. Grabbing my computer would be a waste of my time. I need a new one that isn't 32-bit and dell.... watching it burn with me not being able to do anything about it would be somewhat satisfying.

# 14 29-10-2009 , 03:04 PM
lol stwert, have you considered a laptop? XD

and for the last phrase...
maybe its the english-as-a-second-language thing here but "what" doesnt refers to things and stuff and the word you wanted to use was "who"? XD user added image or is there a "lars and the real girl" thing going on here? user added image

i wouldnt save anything, id go for the fire extinguisher on the hall, and try to put it off... if thats not an option it means the exit is in flames... so id die trying to figure out in which box i placed my rappeling stuff a pair of years ago...

# 15 30-10-2009 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dragonfx
and for the last phrase...
maybe its the english-as-a-second-language thing here but "what" doesnt refers to things and stuff and the word you wanted to use was "who"? XD user added image or is there a "lars and the real girl" thing going on here? user added image

haha, no it's not your english, people who have english as their first language can't speak it well anyway (i'm guessing it's the same with every other spoken language in that case)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D