Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-02-2010 , 04:31 PM

Lattice deforming curve oddly, help please?

Hi!
I have this problem, see I'm creating a tank for an animation class I'm in, the tank requires that I make realistic looking treads for it, so far I've been using the this https://www.noir.org/tutorials/Xen%20.../treadtut.html tutorial to create the treads. It suggests that you make one of the links of the tread, set it to a circular animation path, dublicate that tread enough to cover the whole path, set all the duplicates all around the paths, than use a lattice to deform the path to your tank, hopfully meaning that you can than just rotate your curves to make the treads move. I've got it all except the very last bit, every time I try to use a lattice to deform the path, and than rotate it, somthing about the deformation makes the curve freak out and behave oddly, turning about itself, denting in a lot, etc. I don't know whats causing that, and some help would be greatly appreciated.

# 2 10-02-2010 , 07:40 AM
The thin red line
have you got a screen shot