Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-12-2007 , 05:00 PM

Physical sun colour...

Hi

I want to change my physical sun and sky color to something more unnatural like green or yellow, or black and white. Is there some way I can do this that would give me more control over the color than by simply adjusting the blue and red?

my thread in animation (SKINNING PROBLEM) was not replied... if someone can solve me ... please post something

-thanks

# 2 12-12-2007 , 06:26 AM
well i'm not sure what you mean by sun, but you can edit your camera's attributes, changing the background color from black to whatever color you want (this can be found under the environment tab). for changing the sun, you can alter either the texture that's applied to the sun, or if it's just a cast light, change the color hsv (or rgb) value.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 12-12-2007 , 02:36 PM
hi NeoStrider

the 'Sun' i am talking about is from the mental ray...

It is in Maya 8.5...
i created using Mental ray render globals ....
Create Physical sun (at the end of all options)

By default it is blue sky..with shadows....
I am very much satisfied with the default setting..but i need a white back ground....
thank u

# 4 12-12-2007 , 06:11 PM
If you have a look in the hypershade in the lights node theres the sun, you can change the colour there.(its a directional light I think)

I think you can add a material as a background for the sky, which will let you attach pretty much everything

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-12-2007 , 04:53 AM
yea here i am still working in maya 7.0 *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.