Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 76 29-04-2003 , 07:03 AM
Subscriber
BTW, when i say colorize, you could easily do the same (i don't feel i have to make another ammendment to mention modifying images, but i will if you like) Colorize is under "Image" menu > Adjustments > Hue Saturation, and check colorize. It changes all selected color to you're choice of Hue, saturation, and lightness.

The PSD Zip has been updated with the laser file.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 77 29-04-2003 , 07:07 AM
Subscriber
I'd make those sprites a bit smaller hehe. WOW its soo cool to do this!! I make an image, and a few hours later, its there in a GAME!! Can't wait to play this $H*@T

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 78 29-04-2003 , 07:12 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
I'd make those sprites a bit smaller hehe. WOW its soo cool to do this!! I make an image, and a few hours later, its there in a GAME!! Can't wait to play this $H*@T

hehe

Yeah, the reason they look so MASSIVE is that screenshot was taken at 640x480 res, (thats not scalled down in size, thats the size of the screen at that resolution user added image ), but they do still look pretty big at 800x600 (which is probably going to be the common resolution), and even at 1024 they are still big :p

# 79 29-04-2003 , 07:42 AM
Subscriber
lol yah, i'm sure you can scale them at you're whim tho = ) Its still real cool to see them there. I made them, and now they are in a game! wOOOOt in the words of kevin spacey "I rule!!!" (and yes actually "we")

hey man, do you have AIM, yahoo msger, or IRC? i'd love to talk in realtime

ps i sent you a pm bout this.

Last edited by Vectorman; 29-04-2003 at 07:46 AM.
# 80 29-04-2003 , 08:21 AM
vectorman, I downloaded the yahoo IM and I've added you but you aren't responding... I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I've got you on my list

you are grey though... I think thats bad :p

# 81 29-04-2003 , 08:39 AM
pappasmurf63

:p

# 82 29-04-2003 , 10:28 AM
Subscriber
Another moonpod RIP, PSD zip updated.

# 83 29-04-2003 , 10:53 AM
nice :banana:

# 84 29-04-2003 , 02:35 PM
Subscriber
Vectorman, nicely done.. i would of taken a slightly different approach to do that.. but generally come out with the same effect user added image... nice idea though. Alright, about the HUD.. i will work on it with some of my freetime right now user added image. Hopefully i will have it in around half a hour or so.. (general design)

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 85 29-04-2003 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
Ok, this is where i have so far, just i need to know a few more things before i make you a hud so complicated theres no possible way to code it! Hahaha. Anyways, do you want me to put different types of weapons at the bottom, so that it shows you which one you are using.. do you want me to put in a missle chart that shows that you have this many missles, or this many bombs left... do you want me to put in space for a boss health bar.. or should that go below the hud. Anyways, im making it in a large resolution, this was just scaled smaller for faster loading user added image

# 86 29-04-2003 , 03:30 PM
Subscriber
BTW, would you rather like the health bar in ticks? like, 20 ticks of health instead of a solid bar?

# 87 29-04-2003 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
Aright, Pappa is sleeping right now, should be up soon tho. He does want the weapon screens, and i don't htink he cares about the bar. I made a solid one and we talked about dissolving it away with a one-pixel-wide alpha image. Only prob with the weapons is we don't know what they are yet! But feel free to make them up. So far he's offered ALOT of freedom, and proven to be quite good at coding.

# 88 29-04-2003 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
this is what he siad aobut the HUD

Originally posted by PappaSmurf

For the weapons, I just want an area where it displays a picture of the weapon (can be a picture of the projectile) and the projectile name, and some boxes with the weapon numbers indicating what weapon the user has selected... I wont be too specific, more freedom for you user added image

EDIT: I'd like to go for the sort of "technical" look, umm, green is good :p

EDIT: MASSIVE PIC :p

Cheers
user added image

# 89 29-04-2003 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
kinda a boring repeat but i'm trying to give ya some options, so you can pick the ones you like.

# 90 29-04-2003 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
Hey vector, cut it down the middle and copy over one side user added image.. that way it just looks more symetrical user added image (i didnt spell that right user added image). Ok, i will try to make some weapons as well user added image. This is fun as we have a true programmer on board user added image. When this started i thought it was a joke... im addicted now user added image. I personally think the hud should be a grey.. with greens in it user added image.