Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 91 29-04-2003 , 11:57 PM
Subscriber
Check it out user added image.. I love these kinda beams... does medium damage, covers large areas user added image, or you can just make it a boss beam.. or not use it at all user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 92 30-04-2003 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
Nice beam, and i mean that in a strictly platonic way = ) I'd make it a bit brighter tho.

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL M!!!! Isn't this great!?! I love information transfer, look what it has brought us. And look at it from his P.O.V. its kinda the same.

DUH aobut the flip horizontal M, thanx.

much better here are the symmetrical ones.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 93 30-04-2003 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
Vector, thanks for the feedback.. i was looking at it and thought it was good enough.. but yea when theres scenario its probably to dark.. i will fix that user added image. BTW, will we be able to see this game in the future? I may of missed a post on that user added image.

# 94 30-04-2003 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber
me and Smorfy were chatting last night, and i asked him about seeing it. He complied and posted and realized he hasn't gotten all the data to go with the program. So right now it only works in his directory. But he said that when it is finished (or maybe just soon) he will post it for free download.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 95 30-04-2003 , 04:50 AM

Originally posted by M
Hey vector, cut it down the middle and copy over one side user added image.. that way it just looks more symetrical user added image (i didnt spell that right user added image). Ok, i will try to make some weapons as well user added image. This is fun as we have a true programmer on board user added image. When this started i thought it was a joke... im addicted now user added image. I personally think the hud should be a grey.. with greens in it user added image.

Hey guys, I'm awake, and have been for 6 hours user added image
A friend came over today and we we're busy doing other stuff (playing Splinter cell :p ) and I was showing him how cool Maya is user added image

I guess you guys are all asleep now user added image

Anyway
I agree with M on this one that I think the HUD should be a greyish colour, with green, green is cool (matrix), lol

Last edited by PappaSmurf; 30-04-2003 at 04:54 AM.
# 96 30-04-2003 , 04:53 AM
Yeah I'll definately post it for anyone to download user added image

Vector & M - thanks guys, thats a good idea about the symetry

I'll add the new images to the game ASAP and see how things look

# 97 30-04-2003 , 04:56 AM
Subscriber
I will give you the psd of that if you want pappa smurf.. let me know user added image.

# 98 30-04-2003 , 05:08 AM
Subscriber
Eh, i will give it anyways.. heres the modified beam file in psd.

# 99 30-04-2003 , 06:03 AM
wow thats cool

I'm rewriting a bit of code which handles collision detection, and I have the sprites which Vector hosted a few pages back loaded in, and mostly they are pretty big, some of them bigger than the enemy, which meant that I found a problem with the detection which would have otherwise been impossible to spot user added image

heheh :banana:

# 100 30-04-2003 , 06:21 AM
Subscriber
Cant wait to see a screenshot user added image.. i will get you that hud as soon as you are cement on the weapons we have.. if you could post pictures of them all at once so that i know which will be in the game, so that i can make a smaller icon of it and put it to the bottom of the hud to toggle through user added image. BTW, can you start getting into more intense things? Like for example.. if you wanted to make speedup pills, or make it a side scrolling game, do you know enough to do that? As maybe after this.. i would be more than happy to make you true 3d models for a side view of a ship, and levels that are highly detailed (such as the game gradius) in which you fly across the screen and get powerups etc... if it ever gets to that point, then WOW.. i would model for you day and night! HEheheh, ok.. cya later.

# 101 30-04-2003 , 06:52 AM

Originally posted by M
Cant wait to see a screenshot user added image.. i will get you that hud as soon as you are cement on the weapons we have.. if you could post pictures of them all at once so that i know which will be in the game, so that i can make a smaller icon of it and put it to the bottom of the hud to toggle through user added image. BTW, can you start getting into more intense things? Like for example.. if you wanted to make speedup pills, or make it a side scrolling game, do you know enough to do that? As maybe after this.. i would be more than happy to make you true 3d models for a side view of a ship, and levels that are highly detailed (such as the game gradius) in which you fly across the screen and get powerups etc... if it ever gets to that point, then WOW.. i would model for you day and night! HEheheh, ok.. cya later.

hehe, yeah I would love to take the game heaps further, but I'm doing my last year of schooling this year so workload is a bit rough, but in 5 or 6 months I'll be free :banana:
user added image

At the moment I've got enough time to get as far as it is, well at least I do for the moment :p which I'm really happy with, even though it's simple it will hopefully be a bit of fun to play with a friend

Be back soon

# 102 30-04-2003 , 06:56 AM
BTW, one thing which needs to be on the console is player "lives".

Each player will be given say, 5 at the start of the game, and if they die with 0 lives left then they loose.

# 103 30-04-2003 , 06:58 AM
Three posts in a row user added image

Just thinking about what you were just saying M
Once I've finished school in 6 months or so (around Setp-Oct) I would seriously love to make a game with you guys, but make it a bit more advanced than this one, this is awesome user added image

EDIT: Good luck in the battle today M!!
You guys rock!! user added image

Last edited by PappaSmurf; 30-04-2003 at 07:50 AM.
# 104 30-04-2003 , 10:32 AM
Update

user added image

The health image is not doing anything, it's just displayed there

M: I didn't get a chance to try your yellow one out, I'll try it later

Last edited by PappaSmurf; 30-04-2003 at 10:34 AM.
# 105 30-04-2003 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
Thanks pappasmurf user added image.. yea, well i will have that console to you shortly ok? Now what i am also going to do is add in the lives and add the weapons to the bottom of the screen, will they have different damage? Just wondering user added image.