Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-10-2015 , 08:00 PM

Render View Window: multiple images

Hey all, I'm hoping there's an easy solution to this...

when I render my test renders the in Render View via a hotkey it renders 3 images. I have read the docs and can't seem to make sense of this. I want it to render my current frame, then each time I hit the hotkey to render the newest version over it...but just 1 image not 3.

Also what is the best way to setup a hotkey for Render Region? I used the Hotkey Editor - Runtime Command Editor and put in...... renderWindowRenderRegion renderView; I couldn't find the command in the list...seems to work but I still get 3 images in the window.

thanks in advance

# 2 22-10-2015 , 01:28 AM
EduSciVis-er
What do you mean it renders 3? Three sequential frames? 3 render layers? 3 views in one image?
What happens when you click the "render current frame" button in the status line? Does this happen with a simple scene (just a cube)?

# 3 27-10-2015 , 04:15 AM

What do you mean it renders 3? Three sequential frames? 3 render layers? 3 views in one image?
What happens when you click the "render current frame" button in the status line? Does this happen with a simple scene (just a cube)?

It renders 3 identical images of my shot camera, one frame, single view. I want it to save successive images but just one of each revision or new render. When you use the scroll bar at the bottom it scrolls through 3 images with each 'render current frame' click.

good idea to try with a simple scene, will try it. will check the status line...

# 4 30-10-2015 , 08:26 PM
ok just made a simple scene poly torus, 3 lights, rendered this is what it spit out...

RenderIntoNewWindow;
renderIntoNewWindow render;
prepareRender -invokePreRenderFrame;
prepareRender -invokePostRenderFrame;
mrEnableRenderPassMenuOfRenderView;
// Result: 0 //
updateEditorFeedbackRenderLayer RenderLayerTab defaultRenderLayer;

when I remove all images and rerender there are 3 images with the slider at the bottom that has 3 positions to slide from all show same image. I then changed the Light color and rendered again and go this....

editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;
setAttr "RIM_spotLightShape3.color" -type double3 0.211767 1 0 ;
setAttr "RIM_spotLightShape3.color" -type double3 0.211767 1 0 ;
RenderIntoNewWindow;
renderIntoNewWindow render;
prepareRender -invokePreRenderFrame;
prepareRender -invokePostRenderFrame;
updateEditorFeedbackRenderLayer RenderLayerTab defaultRenderLayer;
renderWindowScrollDisplayImage renderView;
renderWindowScrollDisplayImage renderView;

Any ideas? Thanks! (Also I was just pressing the render frame button not a hotkey this time)

# 5 31-10-2015 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
could this be saved images? that you have previously saved?

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 6 02-11-2015 , 05:59 PM

could this be saved images? that you have previously saved?

nah, this happens every time I render in the Render View window...no matter the scene.

But yes they seem to be saved images, but from the current session....It just saves 3 each time I render A frame.

Last edited by djvfx; 02-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.