Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-12-2012 , 01:23 PM

My New Lighting Showreel

Hi everyone, I'm really trying to improve in 3D lighting. So this is what I have put together so far.
Please provide your inputs on how to improve myself.
Thanks.

Maya Lighting&Shading Showreel - YouTube

# 2 10-12-2012 , 06:59 PM
The thin red line
Very good the one that did not work for me was the chrismas tree scene and not sure why the cream dispencer in the forground was hanging in the air..................dave

# 3 11-12-2012 , 02:41 AM

Very good the one that did not work for me was the chrismas tree scene and not sure why the cream dispencer in the forground was hanging in the air..................dave

I was making the Dispenser to float as it were some Angelic object. Too bad my work didn't convey that.user added image

Christmas Scene is really looking flat, I noticed that too but somehow I kept it there. Ohkey will work on it and update it.

Thanks for your inputs, really appreciate it.

# 4 11-12-2012 , 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Good stuff, the fruit scene was really nice. The "Leet" scene, I was only able to understand the angelic floating effect because of the breakdown that showed the halo element, and it think that was blurred too much and it lost it's shape so I can understand the confusion. I think the Christmas scene looks flat because there is a distinct lack of shadowing and the light seems kind of omni present.

- Genny
# 5 11-12-2012 , 05:58 PM

Good stuff, the fruit scene was really nice. The "Leet" scene, I was only able to understand the angelic floating effect because of the breakdown that showed the halo element, and it think that was blurred too much and it lost it's shape so I can understand the confusion. I think the Christmas scene looks flat because there is a distinct lack of shadowing and the light seems kind of omni present.

Hi Genny, Thanks for your feedback. I'll work on these scenes again especially the Christmas one. But not now as I'm already bored with those scenes. I want to start new and fresh. I'll keep posting here for feedback and improve them rather than putting them straight into video user added image.