Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-10-2014 , 04:32 PM

Maya 2014 won't open

When I try to run Maya 2014, I only get a blank Output Window. The program doesn't run. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happens. I looked up that I might have to install DirectX but then I found out I already have the newest version.
CRITICAL NOTE: I recently reset my laptop to factory settings (completely reset it). Before I reset it, Maya was able to run. As soon after I reset my laptop, I installed Maya, leading to the problem I have now.

Maya 2014 Student

Windows 8.1
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit

I am in desperate need of help as I have many course assignments to do on Maya within the next few days. Please provide me with specific instructions (I'm not so computer literate) to help solve this problem. Currently I have Maya and all it's components uninstalled though I can reinstall it if needed to fix the problems.

# 2 23-10-2014 , 08:49 PM
The thin red line
Have you not made backup disc of your system................dave