Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-08-2010 , 08:44 PM

Maya slow

This is a new one! I'm working on a shot that is 430 frames. The first 220 or so frames are just fine. When I get to working on about the last 200 frames it's very slow. I don't get the spinning ball or anything. It's just is very slow to move things around and go from frame to frame. Even slow to move things in the GE. Any idea why only the second part of the shot is acting like that?

# 2 29-08-2010 , 05:16 AM
hmmm, well do you have alot of stuff going on in the scene that is not in the first scene, maybe particles, physics?

hard to tell whats wrong with such little info. user added image

also this question is better suited or the maya basics and newbie forumuser added image

# 3 29-08-2010 , 07:54 PM
what I'm guessing is going on is that something happened when I imported the second part of the animation which falls right in the slow frames. So this file is from two different imported scenes. Not sure what would have happened though because I imported them the exact same way.

# 4 30-08-2010 , 02:05 AM
Hmm, maybe try exporting the second part of the animation again from the original file, it might be that file for some random reason didn't export properly.

# 5 30-08-2010 , 08:19 AM
The Nurb Herd
did you do a geometry cache?

# 6 30-08-2010 , 03:44 PM
No, I don't know what that is!

# 7 31-08-2010 , 12:40 AM
problem solved :attn:

I had two of one item on top of one another. So I hid one and everything's back to normal.