Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-12-2011 , 12:48 PM

December Challenge 2011 Robots - Dango

I'm going to give this one a go, it's been a while since I've done anything in 3d so this is a great chance to get back into it.
Not sure what Ill be doing yet, got a few ideas so once I've made up my mind I'll post some progress.

Good luck to whoever else joins in!

# 2 02-12-2011 , 03:23 PM
Administrator
Nice to see you join and good luck! I was just looking at your recent sketches in the 2d thread, they're great.

Nilla

# 3 18-12-2011 , 12:54 AM
Lifetime Member
where are your wips dango baby?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 21-12-2011 , 02:52 PM
Sorry Bullet, I didn't have anything to show as I hadn't started anything, but I've finally managed to get off my arse and start something.
I've been wanting to do a Battle Mech for a while so this seems like a good reason to go with that.
Most Mechs are hard edged with lots of flat angled surfaces, so I'm going to go for a smooth curvy version, and this would be an unmanned Mech rather than a battle suit so hopefully still counts as a robot.
I've got the shape down for the main "head" part of it, next will be the legs.
Weaponry comes out of this part so the final image won't just be a metal Cream egg looking render! Haha

More to come as and when I have it!

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 21-12-2011 , 11:50 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL its a busy time of the year mate. Im still working but trying to get some bloody time off...sigh.

will keep nagging you LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 22-12-2011 , 08:01 AM
Loojks interestin.. keep with good work..

# 7 27-12-2011 , 04:09 PM
Thanks Serzz,

I hope everybody has been enjoying the festive holiday season, I most certainly have!
I managed to get a couple of hours free to do some work on my Mech this morning, done most of the foot and part of the top of the leg, will hopefully get a little bit more time later this evening to do a bit more.

Attached Thumbnails