Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-05-2007 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber

Instancing lights

Hello,
IS there any short simple way of instancing point or spot lights in a way that ANY OR ALL the parameters change, when I change them in any light (as they are instances).
For eg. I can change intensity, color and cone angles of all spot lights at one time. This would be very helpful in creating/ using lightrigs.

Hope my query is clear.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 25-05-2007 , 10:44 PM
yes you could do it with expressions. You could create one master light and have every other light simply get that attribute and assign it to themselves. Should be a very simple thing to setup.

Have a look at connectAttr, getAttr and expressions and see what you can come up with.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 05-06-2007 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Alan,
havent used maya that much , but will try to fig it out.