Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-07-2007 , 05:42 PM

How to make a Bullet??

Just a simple sniper rifle Bullet?? Quite pointy, not too round. Any help with be appreciated. Thanks.

# 2 18-07-2007 , 08:09 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
google it, perhapsuser added image ?

# 3 18-07-2007 , 08:15 PM
You might want to go off of a specific caliber.

I'm a gun-guy, and if you're catering to an audience that knows guns, that would make a difference.

Most common round for most LE and Military snipers is either .308 Winchester or .300 Win Mag. Some units use the bigger .50 BMG. British units use .338 Lapua.

Google some images using those specific calibers/names, depending on what you want.

# 4 18-07-2007 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
after that. create a curve and revolve it... tada... simple plain bullet

# 5 18-07-2007 , 11:21 PM
Oohh. So you know your guns. Great.

Yep, it's the 308 Winchester I'm looking for. I'm VERY new to Maya. My friend made me a bullet tip, and I still need help painting it.

# 6 18-07-2007 , 11:49 PM
Not really sure what you're asking for here . . . do you have a specific question?

Are you creating only the bullet, or the entire round (brass case, primer, etc)?

If you want a generic bullet shape, BadG3r nailed it above.

How critical is it to be accurate with the specifics? If you want a bullet (say in flight?) that has more detail, you may want to reference some actual bullet images if you need it to be a realistic representation of what's actually used. For example, many LE snipers, using rifles chambered in .308, use Federal Premium Gold Medal Match, which uses a "Sierra Matchking" bullet (a "boat-tail hollow point"), seen here:

https://www.sierrabullets.com/index.c...ifle&brandID=1

Some use other brands, or even custom loads. Some of these bullets have unique features (different shape of tails, sometimes with bands, sometimes without). Here's another example, using a Barnes Triple Shock hollow point--AND it's a 3D animation for ya! user added image

https://www.barnesbullets.com/

Look it over, and come back with some specifics on what you need help with. Good luck!

# 7 19-07-2007 , 01:10 AM
https://www.barnesbullets.com

Thats exactly what we're trying to do. Exclude the scene behind it, and stick in an already set bf2 clip..and we wont go inside the body..:S

# 8 19-07-2007 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
welll that doesn't seem so hard an undertaking.

take the picture in the upper right corner import it as an image plane an stick to my advice above. and your done. besides texturing

# 9 19-07-2007 , 02:17 PM
Thanks, theres a problem though

When I press Space - bar to bring up the menu, all I see is Maya and a few lines going off it?? How do I reset maya to what it was like before??

# 10 19-07-2007 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
well besides maya there should be a box named. hotbox controls. in there select Show All.

# 11 19-07-2007 , 09:56 PM
Yeh, I fixed it user added image

Another problem, I've made a basic NURBS Cylinder (Boy that was hard XD)

I want to practice colouring. I made a blinn, and then Ramp. I can't assign the ramp to the cylinder. I selected my Cylinder, right clicked on Ramp and clicked Assign but it's not working, any help??

# 12 20-07-2007 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
geez...

create the blinn, click the input box on the right of the color slider. a window will appear there you chose a ramp. and then you have to asign the shader (the blinn in your case) not the ramp...

before asking every little bit... press F1 alot of tutorials and how to's....

if then something isn't clear... feel free to post.

# 13 20-07-2007 , 06:07 PM
It's not working, thats why I asked.