Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-12-2008 , 08:34 PM

Smoothing Edges

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this form because otherwise n00bs like us would be SCREWED! And speaking of screwed, I seem to be screwed in making a screwdriver. <a href="https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/modeling/polygon/239-1.html">Here's the tutorial</a> that I've been following, and there's a couple of things I seem to be having trouble with.

It says start out in the modeling section...but I don't have one! I only have animation, polygons, surfaces, dynamics and a few others. So I went with polygons and made a cylinder. Why do I not have the modeling section? Is it because the trial version of 2009 is missing it?

This tutorial starts out with the cylinder already shaded, but because I seem to be missing the modeling section, I had go the polygon route - I found out through other tutorials that you can shade by pressing "5," so that's what I did to get it shaded. So that's still ok so far, correct?

When we get to the section where you do a boolean difference to carve out grooves in the handles, I'm wondering if there's a perfect way to align those elongated spheres onto the handle symmetrically other than just by playing it by eye.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Alex

# 2 12-12-2008 , 08:36 PM
Any advice on how to smooth edges? In one of the steps it simply says:

Now smooth the handle twice Polygons>smooth

I'm not sure where to find that command.

# 3 12-12-2008 , 10:58 PM
Select the polygon menu - > in the upper menu select " Mesh " - > smooth

# 4 12-12-2008 , 11:06 PM
Thanks very much and nice avatar! lol

# 5 12-12-2008 , 11:19 PM
It presents my work for now Noobish but i will be Gosu soon :nod: