Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-01-2007 , 02:44 PM

Lost INPUTS in Attribute Editor, please help!

Hi, I am a newbie so please don't laugh at my question. I somehow lost the INPUTS editor under Attribute editor in Channel box. So I can't edit the selected object by typing directly into the INPUTS editor. Can anyone please tell me how to get it back? Thanks!!

# 2 30-01-2007 , 03:39 PM
you can either click on one of the three little buttons at the top of that window or hit ctrl A. If it doesn't come up the first time, hit ctrl A again. I think you actually want the channel box, rather than the attribute editor.

# 3 30-01-2007 , 06:48 PM

still not there

Hello and thanks for help. Yes, I can get the Channels but the INPUTS is not under it even when the object is selected.

viviwanu
# 4 30-01-2007 , 07:35 PM
are you sure you have the model selected as an object - rather than having it in say edges or faces mode? Can you post a picture? Have you deleted the history? If you have than the inputs section will be blank.

I'm no expert so hopefully someone else will respond. user added image

# 5 30-01-2007 , 08:26 PM

Missing INPUTS

Yes, the object is selected in Object mode as you can see on the picture. Someone please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks for your help!:headbang:

viviwanu
# 6 31-01-2007 , 08:24 AM
i don't see a picture.

# 7 31-01-2007 , 08:39 AM
Subscriber
There is an icon that looks like a scroll possibly with a red cross over it at the top of the screen, left of the render current frame icon, make sure it is clicked down.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 8 31-01-2007 , 09:19 AM

Re: still not there

Originally posted by viviwanu
Hello and thanks for help. Yes, I can get the Channels but the INPUTS is not under it even when the object is selected.

You didn't delete your construction history, did you?

# 9 31-01-2007 , 09:41 AM

INPUTS Found!

It's the Construction History that I accidentally turned off! A million thanks to you all who helped. I am sure you'll hear from me again, soon. :bow:

viviwanu