SimplyMaya

Welcome back to SimplyMaya. Check out our latest training here.

MAYA TUTORIALS
Stay informed of the latest Simply Maya news, events and announcements.

# 1 02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
David
SM Site Programmer

New Tutorial

Worst Response To A Crisis:
From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Acid44
Looks like it's gonna be a sweet one!

# 3 03-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Rhetoric Camel
Subscriber
awesome, as soon as I have some spare change I'm going to get this one.

I'd love to see an animation tutorial on how to have a character walk/run through a scene instead of in place like a walk cycle.

# 4 03-10-2010, 07:19 AM
marlonjohn
Subscriber
That look's good as!

# 5 03-10-2010, 08:11 AM
halfloaf
Lifetime Member
Great! Instead of After Effects, is it possible to use Shake instead as I don't have AE?

# 6 03-10-2010, 05:48 PM
David
SM Site Programmer

Originally posted by halfloaf
Great! Instead of After Effects, is it possible to use Shake instead as I don't have AE?

Originally Posted by
It is the luminance depth we render out can also be used in shake.

Dave.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
sabarishwar
Shading super .

# 8 27-10-2010, 02:20 PM
moosenoodles
Subscriber
Nice that, some constructive crit here for it please dont take it wrong way.

I know its a tutorial and its going to be seen by me for sure at some point , the whole animation is catchy then you are drawn from the greatness you just saw to a sudden end, I think maybe if the tutorial has the glass as it fell to the floor bounce a little and roll slightly off axis it would really add to the whole experience..

# 9 27-10-2010, 02:50 PM
David
SM Site Programmer

Originally posted by moosenoodles
Nice that, some constructive crit here for it please dont take it wrong way.

I know its a tutorial and its going to be seen by me for sure at some point , the whole animation is catchy then you are drawn from the greatness you just saw to a sudden end, I think maybe if the tutorial has the glass as it fell to the floor bounce a little and roll slightly off axis it would really add to the whole experience..

Originally Posted by
I agree. I wanted to keep this tutorial short and let the user adapt it later. Rather than watching me cover everything. In fact the advert i created (the one this tutorial is based on) does just that

Thanks for the feedback
Dave