Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-11-2004 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber

wireframe render

how do I render out the wire frame of my model?

# 2 12-11-2004 , 05:08 AM
One way to do it is to use the vector render. Go to the global settings and in the setting marked edge options click the include edges, and then for edge style click entire mesh. The only problem with this is it will render and show the wireframe in tris.

# 3 12-11-2004 , 06:24 AM
Subscriber
I wish I could render it in triangles but it has to be in quads. I downloaded the wiredata plugin but can't figure how to make it work. I appreciate your help man.

# 4 12-11-2004 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber
not sure if this wud work, but its an idea i came up with. mean to keep trying it out myself...

get ur uv map orderly and load it into something like photoshop. use selections or alpha channels to select ur uv mesh and then fill with the colour ur after for the wireframe. Then do what u want with the rest of the image. produce a background colour or leave it transparent. This way the edges shud lie between uv's, ie ur mesh.

# 5 12-11-2004 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey there.

I replied to a thread for someone else who wanted to know how to render a wireframe. You use the hardware renderer, its quite simple. The thread is here, where I've explained it properly:

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=14108

Hope it helps!

LisaG

:p

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 6 12-11-2004 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
nice one lisa, gonna have to give that a shot meself user added image