Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-06-2009 , 09:38 PM

Import Animation

Hey Gang,

I'm still pretty new to Maya and am not always sure what I should be searching for. I made an engine for a spaceship with some moving parts. I would like to import that engine so I can use it on various space ships, but I lose the animation when I try.

I've tried searching on my own, but I don't think I'm searching for the right thing. I've tried bake and freeze and a few other terms. I'm not even sure if it's possible at all.

Anyone have an answer or can suggest the correct search string? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Bunny

P.S. Reviewing my subject line, that is one thing I did not search for. I've turned up a couple of things on "eporting animation", so I may be on to something.

P.S.S GEEZ!!! That was easy!!! Load the animImportExport plug in and export all. Thanks for letting me sound this out. It was very helpful in and of itself.

Last edited by Bunny; 20-06-2009 at 10:20 PM.
# 2 20-06-2009 , 10:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
P.P.S. ... (otherwise you're saying post-script-script)

Glad you found what you were looking for and welcome to the forums!

# 3 21-06-2009 , 12:19 AM
Quite correct. Thank you for that, and the welcome.