Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-01-2005 , 11:57 AM

Particles and Mental Ray Render

Hi I have a question, Is there any way to render the particles with Mental Ray ?? I have a scene (buildings) and I render it by mental ray. Now I added some particles (surface emiter) to simulate rain effect. But there is no any particles displayed after render in MR. Help please !! user added image

p.s Sorry for my English user added image

# 2 28-01-2005 , 12:46 PM
Subscriber
most particles can only be hardware render. You can change the shape of these particles in the particle shape attribute. There is a list of what you actually want. if it says s/w next to it than you can use software render like mental ray. all others must be rendered via hardware rendering. I hope this makes sense

Attached Images
# 3 28-01-2005 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
If you don't know what the difference is check out Maya Help section. It goes into depth what the differences are.

If you need to stick with hardware rendered particles for the rain than you will have to composite them in another package afterwards.

# 4 28-01-2005 , 08:49 PM
Big thanks to you Roach105 !!!! Yes, it has sense user added image I know that I'm annoying user added image... but do You know how to make a rain via s/w render attributes ( in MR of course user added image Maybe using a "tube s/w" attributes ? What do you think ? But thanks any way for reply user added image

Regards