Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-02-2005 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber

stop auto making a shader for Convert to File texture

Hi there all,
I am not to sure where this question really belongs but considering I am doing light mapping I figure that it belongs in the "Lighting, Camera & rendering" area.

Anywho, what I am tring to do is to have the shadows and highlights mapped onto the objects I am creating. The reason for this is that I was told by macromedia that shockwave doesn't support shadows but I can map them onto the objects in the modeling program that I use to model with. Though everytime I use "Convert to File texture", it automatically creates a surface shader. However, in addition to Shockwave not supporting shadows, it also doesn't support surface shaders. For those of you who do not know what Shockwave supports, Shockwave only supports the blinn shader and the lambert shader.

So this means that I have to disconnect the file texture off the surface shader and re-link the file texture to a lambert shader which is a real pain.

So my question is, is there anyway that I can stop the "Convert to File texture" to automatically creating a surface shader or instead of creating a surface shader then could I tell it to create a lambert shader? Though if this is not possible then is there any other way that I can create a light map that just creates the file which then I could choose any shader that I want and then load the file into the shader.

I tried switching renderers to mental ray and selected Lighting/Texturing -> Batch bake -> [], but I wasn't getting the results I wanted. I guess I was not setting the right settings in the options box or this isn't what I want.

any ideas is greatly appreciated.