Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-02-2012 , 06:07 AM

dgs to texture?

Hi, I am a maya user with no formal training. I have learned with free tutorials, so bear with me.

I have created a render using HDRI and it looks pretty fantastic being as its my first one. I assigned dgs_material to my mesh to achieve this. (View attachments)

When I open the "Hypershade" editor and select my mesh + dgs_material in attempt to "convert file to texture" it tells me it is "not a shading node." Is obtaining this texture as one would obtain a blinn texture map, for instance, not possible and the HDRI stuff is just for a pretty renders inside of Maya but no way to get the actual texture?

Am really wanting to bake this cool reflection onto a jpeg image. Any guidance appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-02-2012 , 12:54 PM
The Nurb Herd
dgs mat is pretty old. don't think i've ever used it. most people will stick to mia_mat_x. you want to bake your reflection as a map? not really sure how you do that. the HDRI is the environment that is being reflected (minus the other objects in your scene) so in a way, you already have a map.

# 3 27-02-2012 , 01:41 AM
Hi,
Yes, I would like to bake HDRI reflextions into the actual texture map jpeg.
Just like one can bake shadows/lights, I would like the texture map to also include the reflections from the HDRI environment.

If there is no way to do this, I am curious of another method that would achieve a similar result. I'm not quite understanding why this wouldn't be possible.

# 4 27-02-2012 , 05:42 AM
Ended up getting it to work - it is possible.
Had to change to blinn and make appropriate selections in the hypershade window.