Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-02-2007 , 02:44 PM

Mac Hotkey Editor Issue

Howdy, I've got an issue that's been bugging the hell out of me for a while now.

With all the windows that one often has open for Maya, I am always switching back and forth through them using the Mac OS X shortcut [Apple] + [`]. This works fine except for when I'm in Polygon mode.

In Polygon Mode, hitting [Apple] + [`] uses something in the Proxy Menu. I've gone into the Hotkey Editor Multiple times, and made sure that nothing in the Proxy Menu was associated with any hotkeys.

Even when I do this, the hotkeys are still listed next to the commands in the Proxy Menu, and [Apple] + [`] still activates something in that menu, conflicting with the system hotkey to change windows.

I'm using Maya 8.0, on an iMac 1.8 Mhz G5 running OS X 10.4.8, with 2 GB of RAM.

Thanks for the help in advance.

# 2 13-02-2007 , 03:43 PM
Hrmmm... A hotkey cannot be set to more than one key, so it's weird that it would be doing that. They're also not menu specific - meaning that the hotkey should be the same throughout all of the menus.

I'm not familiar with Maya on Mac, but I'm sure it can't be that different.

Have you tried just hitting the spacebar and switching between windows that way?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 13-02-2007 , 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, it's definitely a strange problem. By windows I mean separate windows like the Outliner, or Attribute Editor, Hypershader, etc. Not sure if there's a way to get to those quickly via the spacebar, or if you were referring to switching between panels.