Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-09-2007 , 07:57 PM

Polygon Combine Problem HELP

Hello

i have a problem with Polygon combine tool

i have just bought the ninja modeling tutorial
it was all going well
1- i finished the head
2- then i did the Ear
3- here is the problem when i combine the Two
i become unable to convert them to subd's or nurbs

the error is: select polygon surface to convert

but it is a polygon surface and i do select it when i try to onvert but it just doesnt convert

i undid the combine and tried to convert them to subds sepratly and it worked so before combine i was able to convert to subds

what is the problem and how do i fix this thanks

I have maya 8.0
my PC has ATI radeon with 512mb video memory and 2 GB RAm
user added image Just following the procedure

# 2 29-09-2007 , 02:30 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Make Sure you have deleted all history. Sometimes a build up of history can play havoc with Maya commands.

Check: after combining make sure that you have merged vertices btween the ear and the head. this is most probably the case. Then have a look in the menu for convert to subd. If the face/mesh count value is lower than the actual models face count value just increase it

Also check: that there isnt any subd blind data nodes in the hypergraph. If there are just select and delete them. Failing any of this run the cleanup command (usually from edit polys menu) this will tell you whats wrong too.

Cheers
Jay

# 3 29-09-2007 , 09:20 AM

thanks

i opened the script editor and checked the Max mesh count

and changed itin my settings and it worked thanks