Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-03-2004 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber

am feeling so low and down because i cant even.........

i have heard and seen about the image plane modelling! and i myself have done it following a particular tutorial!

but the only problem i face is that my side,front and top image planes do not match while i model any object on it!

i will explain this further like this "when i shape an object on the side image plane, the position of it doesnt matches on the top image plane! for example, if i model a tyre of a car on the side image plane, it should match evenly (fit evenly on the top image plane). but it doesnt happen!

so therefore, as a result i cant model any object precisely!

so i have read at many places that all the artists recommend setting the image planes evenly (the front,side, and top) in photoshop and then put them in maya for modelling!

can anyone tell me where can i find a detailed vidoe tutorial on how to do this process?

thanks, it would be of real help to me!
peace and wishes to everyone,
Gautam.

# 2 29-03-2004 , 02:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
We have one here. I've also one at my own site.

# 3 29-03-2004 , 04:20 PM
make sure your front and side images are to scale. Then open up a fresh scene in maya and dont adjusts the zooms in any of the windows. Go to the front pannel and click on View>Image Plane>Import Image.