Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-03-2005 , 02:54 PM

Batch Rendering Please Help

Hi, i just got a new computer, its a dual opteron 2.0 ghz, with 2 gigs of ram and a NVidia FX5200 Card, it has an IWILL Motherboard and a maxtor harddrive, im using maya 6.0 and when i batch render it says
// Result: Rendering with Maya Software... //
But never goes past that. Has anyone figured out why this is happening, I need it to render out an animation for school.

Thanks,
Flamez

# 2 13-03-2005 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
what settings are you using in the render globals?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 14-03-2005 , 12:28 AM
Just the basic things, production quality, nothing fancy. It works on my brothers HP computer, with the same settings, but it doesnt work on this one. He's running a 2.2 ghz Amd Athlon 3200+ with 512 ram.

# 4 19-03-2005 , 12:56 PM
It may very well be that Maya does begin to render but doesn´t really tell you in any way but the little sentence you mentioned. I remember being confused as well first time I tried, thinking nothing was happening, but when I looked in the output folder images started popping up after a while after all!

Have you waited to see if any images were produced?

# 5 21-03-2005 , 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Staffan Lindroth
It may very well be that Maya does begin to render but doesn´t really tell you in any way but the little sentence you mentioned. I remember being confused as well first time I tried, thinking nothing was happening, but when I looked in the output folder images started popping up after a while after all!

Have you waited to see if any images were produced?

I have the same problem. I felt weird so that I created a very simple scene which only one ball animates from x -10 to x 10., 6o frames. My god,.....It took me arond 8 hours and only 40 images I got.
My machine is P4 3.2HT
Windows xp sp2 with Norton anti-virous 2005
Maya 6.0.1

# 6 21-03-2005 , 06:51 AM
Subscriber
FlameZ, Totochi,

Disable any unnecessary programs running in background. Also try disabling your antivirus software, as I am discovering some have issues especially with mental ray.

Good luck to you both.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."