Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 03-05-2005 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
No probs, and no, you're not bothering me. I'm actually learning a lot from helping you here. I'm also working on my first plane model. If you go into the WIP forum, and look for the thread titled WIPL Boulton-Paul Defiant, you can see how I'm getting on.

I actually prefer another program for modelling, so I am actually learning all of this as I go along. I personally think it helps me learn better if I am helping somebody else (you can tell this from the fact that I'm a Software Engineering student, currently on a Year in Industry work placement, based in a Finance department, and whats more, I'm training new starters who happen to be accountants!) No better way to learn than teach, i reckon.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 17 11-05-2005 , 09:28 PM
wey hey finally finnished it just moving onto the rendering now, my first maya modelled used uv unwrapping and everything, i know it aint pretty but deadline is soon so itl have to do. just come across one problem tho when i render it its in black and white not colour, anyone know any good rendering tuotrials to help me out??? cheers

Attached Images
# 18 11-05-2005 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
take a screenshot of your maya render settings (press print screen / prt scr) and paste it into paint / photoshop / psp or similar and save it for us to see here. I'm sure someone will give you some cool pointers. Good luck. user added image

# 19 12-05-2005 , 09:24 AM
k well i made a bit of progress it renders in colour now but really see through n urgh but ill sort that out the only problem is it dosnt render anything on the model that is black??? can anyone help with this problem?

# 20 14-02-2012 , 06:50 AM
Banned
You share here nice query.I have to find same question but i get mine answer here.