Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-05-2005 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber

IK arm funky problem

I have a human bi-ped character, with an IK arm setup. I have done the IK w arm controllers on both arms, the left one is working just fine, but when I get to my characters right arm - it's not working: When you grab the right arm control and translate it one way or another, the arm flips upside down?!?!?! I have made a dozen attempts to try to fix it, but everything I done makes it either does nothing or breaks the rig altogether.

I am going to have to delete the IK arm setup in order to fix this problem?

help!

Thanks in advance,
Phil

# 2 30-05-2005 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber

Hmmm

Hi,
I am very new to using the animation tools, so it's just a guess..... (Disclaimer here - lol) but i am wondering if you have 'mirrored' the model's arm and something has inverted too, something similar happened to me recently while attempting Mike's rigging tutorial, I had problems but did not get as far as moving all the joints, so I really don't know if it's the same problem, maybe not, maybe something similar?
I think I would try selecting various parts of the 'arm' and look to see if the axis of vertices/selection handles etc are pointing 180 degrees out from the rest of body or other arm.

I would have thought that it could be sorted out by selecting whatever, and rotating, so don't give up just yet, I'm sure someone here will know.

Good luck Scraggy

# 3 30-05-2005 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
If you select your joints and go into component mode and then select miscellaneous. You can change the Z,Y and X location for every joint and change it, so that everything is pointing at the right direction.