Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-04-2006 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber

Help with converting some movie clips needed!!

Hi guys.

I hope somebody could help me with a problem I'm having with grabbing some clips from some DVD's for my showreel. I hope I don't get in trouble with this, I don't want to copy DVD's for piracy reasons or anything like that, its just for my showreel.

I'm new to this kind of stuff, but I've managed to rip a DVD onto my harddrive using DVD decrypter, which has given me a bunch of VOB and .ifo files, and I know which .ifo is for my main movie. The problem I've got is I don't know how to now convert these vobs/ifo's back into a clip that I can import into Premiere. I downloaded Flask, which I managed to get to convert my ripped DVD into some kind of movie file. I can import this file that Flask created into Premiere, but when I try to export my clip from premiere I just get a blank video clip, that just plays black in every kind of movie player - I tried to play it in windows media player, divX player and quicktime, with no luck. I'm beginning to pull my hair out and was hoping somebody could help me. I've searched all over the net, and every website I look at seems to have either a really complicated way, or just show how to convert your DVD to divX, which I can't import into Premiere. I just want to be able to put the entire movie from a DVD into Premiere, and cut my clips out from it to export them individually - I thought it would be so easy!! Arrrggghhh!!!!

Can anyone help, please!!!

LisaG :headbang:

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 2 23-04-2006 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
ok I think I can help,

I actually had to rip my own dvd once because I lost my project files. I did this on a mac, so I don't know if it would work on windough.
Also it is still a bit dodgy, you might have to try pushing a lot of buttons, and depending on your system the recompressing from .vob files might take ages.

I used a software called DiVA to convert the vob's

https://diva.3ivx.com/

you will need to download the 3vidx codec as well, which works in premiere and finalCut.

Also toast titanium will convert .vob's into uncompressed .dv files. Don't know about premiere but I could put them into finalCut without any problems, so prmiere should be fine. The only thing is the files will be huuuuuuuuge. 6mb equals something like 56mb.
In toast hit the video tab, drag the file you want into toast, and hit export.

good luck

# 3 23-04-2006 , 03:29 PM
I'm sure JetAudio can convet .vob files...
It converst from almost everything to almost everything, music and video.

Click here

The basic version does almost all that the Plus versoin does...
It's also a superb music and video player, takes everything! user added image

# 4 23-04-2006 , 09:47 PM
This might be no help at all but Avid imports em mint. Will after effects not do it cs that has a good bunch of codecs